T. J. Boyd Scholarship Foundation
Rev. Dr. Thomas J. Boyd was the 5th pastor of the Salem Missionary Baptist Church. Pastor Boyd's love for the youth is unparalleled and his ministry of tough love has been tempered only by the benevolent spirit of a caring and concerned father. The most tangible expression of his love for, and commitment to our youth, and to their future is that of the T. J. Boyd Scholarship Fund. The T. J. Boyd Scholarship fund was established in 1969. Each year on Scholarship Awards Day, the Salem family awards scholarships to worthy college students. Through the decades, hundreds of young people have benefited from the resources of this fund.
High School Seniors, College and Graduate Students who plan to enroll in or return to institutions of higher learning during the 2023-2024 academic year are encouraged to apply based upon criteria listed below.
1. Applicants must be members of the Salem Missionary Baptist church for at least one year at the time of application.
2. Proof of acceptance to a bonafide and accredited college/university (original letter of acceptance) must be submitted with application.
3. If already, in college applicant must submit proof of passing in all grades for the entire year. All applicants must take a minimum of 12 hours per semester. Graduate students must take a minimum of two (2) courses each semester.
4. A typed essay, three to five pages in length and double spaced (12 pt. font) must be submitted with the application.
5. Application Deadline: Sunday, July 23, 2023
6. Scholarships will be awarded on Sunday, August 6, 2023 “Scholarship Awards Day."
7. Recipients must be present to receive the scholarship award, unless proof is submitted to the church office that the applicant must be attending college on that date.
8. Applicant must submit all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application, typed essay, and official high school, college, or graduate school transcript. Include forms verifying participation in Church ministries, extracurricular activities in high school, college and/or community organizations.
Note: There will be no exception to eligibility rules #5 #6 #7 and #8.